Pages

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

I'm off to National Stationery Show in New York

I feel like I'm working at a call center in the Philippines. Why? With a 15-hour difference in the Philippines and here in Northern California, I have to be awake in the evening to "work" with my staff - send drafts and designs, wait for approval of Philippine-based clients, confirm production. I usually sleep at 12am here (3pm in the Phils.) and should be awake by 630am to catch my husband by 930 Phil. time. When he sleeps at 12am (9am US time), I'm up and about to have breakfast and then resume my work like designing and emailing the sketches to my staff so the morning after, they have it already! So its like just 6.5 hrs of sleep!

But its pretty well that way, saving me from insanity of missing my family, home and my country terribly! Yes, I miss the Philippines - even if I'm just almost 2 weeks here, I already miss the traffic, pollution, hot weather. I miss the turon, popo, ensaymada merienda that we have everyday with my staff. I miss how I can go to SM easily or just buy watermelon on the roadside. Walang ganyan sa States!"

I'm staying a bit longer coz I am off to the National Stationery Show in New York on May 20-23, 2007. No, I am not an exhibitor (which I hope in the future), just an attendee, but I am so excited to be here! Its all about papers & stationeries - a must-attend-to fair for an invitation-maker like me. I hope to bring home lots of new finds and tons of inspiration from there. Its an eye-candy! I just hope by that time, the weather will be be friendly to this tropical Pinay. :)

For the meantime, work is still the name of my game....my therapy. :) I do go around and see places but mostly during weekends. On weekdays, its telecommuting. :) After this blog update, I'm off to work on my website and the upcoming Philippine Wedding Summit in June 2-3 at the NBC Tent, Fort Bonifacio Global City.

Will give you more updates soon.

"Live life creatively."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow, philippines is a really nice country, hope you can visit paradise philippines