Pages

Friday, April 25, 2008

Tadaah!!! My First Canvass Painting! :)

Growing up as a kid, I've dreamed of one day having my own painting, even just 1! In 1991, I tried painting names of my college friend in watercolor and tracing paper and gave them as gifts. Those were the days when painting was my outlet - you know, teenage life... instead of being a drama queen, painting somehow calmed me.

Years passed by and with a course that demands the maximum use of my left brain pulled me away from my creative pursuits. I used to bake, paint, sew, draw (but not really D-R-A-W ha, I was happy with my stick people!). It was when I put up my desktop publishing shop (1994-2000) that I rediscovered my love for designing. After getting married and becoming pregnant with my 1st baby that I began to work with my hands again, this time not just the mouse but with scissors, glue, punchers, etc. Its another story.... :) Anyway, without further adieu, here is my first canvass. Thanks to Claudine Hellmuth for the inspiration. But this is far from her work! (drum roll please...hahaha!)



Everybody in the household laughed at it! Loui, my girl, likes it but she said "Mommy, it looks funny!" and Vcoy's reaction when he saw it and I asked him if he likes it: "yeaaaaaahhhhh" (parang napilitan lang sya!). I even offered my staff that they will be my next "guinea pigs", hahaha! "Thanks, but no thanks!", they said.


I can almost see you grinning from ear to ear right now. Yeah, it really IS funny! For one, my legs are awful! Looks like I have rheumatoid arthritis! I can't even draw decent feet! Oh well... BUT I am happy with it. I enjoyed the process. The feelings I used to have back in college while I was painting came back. That feeling of being free to do whatever you like, just going with the flow, drawing again (this is my "next" attempt from stick people!)

But I know I still have lots to learn....more canvasses and paints to waste (not really as in waste, since I'd still be keeping them)...more "guinea pigs" to use, haha! Would you like to be one? :)

2 comments:

Christine said...

very nice work of art

Au Lim said...

hey this is cute! and yes, it reminds me of Claudine Helmuth whose work i adore, too! Cool job here, Airees!