Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Looking back....

I've been neglecting this blog for the past weeks. Its not that I don't like to blog but I just don't have the luxury of time to sit down and put down all the thoughts that I've been meaning to share. Since January 1st, me and my staff are busy working on new projects, planning out new products for scrapbooking and my upcoming exhibit at the Wedding Expo Philippines 10th Edition on March 10-11, 2007. The whole month of January, we managed to finish quite a number of invitations for our January(!) and March soon-to-weds. We didn't expect it because last year was not as busy as this January used to be!

Despite the adrenalin rush we are having right now, we are more than thankful for all these blessings God has been giving us and the TRUST given to us by our clients. I've been designing a LOT of invites this month and I'm quite excited that my creative juices are finally flowing after a long hiatus! :)

But as I, together with my staff, face 2007, I can't help but look back to what 2006 has been to us.

2006 has been a good year for us. On the business side, we got quite a few media exposure - being featured in Entrepreneur Phils. magazine, September Edition was a dream come true for me. It is something that tells me that I am doing the right thing and I know I have a good business with a lot of passion - for people, nature and my country.

On being featured at ABS-CBN's Kabuhayang Swak na Swak, it was a happy experience for all of us. From the taping here in our home-office, to the hush-hush interview to seeing myself on TV much to the delight of my families in the US, it is something that I am thankful for.

From the list of my 2006 goals, I can say that 80% of those were accomplished. The remaining 20% (website upload, more scrapbook layouts, exercise) is carried over to my 2007 goals. :) Among the accomplished goals, we joined 2 Christmas bazaars that I can say we earned substantially though not taking into account the stress and physical toll on me, but at least I learned a lot from that experience especially on product development. It also caught the eye of SM Management and offered us a space at any SM branch I want. But I didn't take the offer, not now. I still want to do something first that would make me venture in malls. It takes a lot of time, energy and financial resources to put up a branch in a mall and as of now, I feel that I still have to work on these 3.

Just before 2006 ends, another answered prayer came upon. I was invited by a newly-established one-stop wedding resource center at Edsa Shangri-La Hotel to be one of their 2 invitation suppliers. I now have a "Meeting Place" for my clients and a 6-day a week showroom for my invitations.

In between the success and blessings we had in 2006, we also encountered a lot of challenges. I was twice denied of a US B1/B2 visa simply because my parents and siblings are in the States! What a lame reason! I lost 2 BIG opportunities because of that!

One is to attend the Winter CHA (Crafts and Hobbies Association) which I am a member as a Professional Crafter. It was supposed to be an ocular inspection to see if I can exhibit on the Summer CHA to launch our handmade paper products from the Philippines.

Next, I was not able to join the Kasal Pilipinas Bridal Fair in San Francisco, CA which I am one of the exhibitors sponsored by the Philippine Consulate in SF,CA. I lost the opportunity to market my invitations for which I know will be a huge potential waiting for us.

But all these things I accepted as God's plan for me. Its not yet my time... but I do hope I'd be given a chance to promote our Pinoy products abroad because I know we have an edge...not just MY products but for all PINOY products. We should be given a fair opportunity and should not be denied simply because of one US consul thinks a Filipino businesswoman will never come back because her family is in the States!

"Live life creatively."

No comments: