Pages

Friday, January 05, 2007

One down, five to go....


This is how my work table looks right now. :) Been working on a few designs for my clients. My creative juices are slowly kicking in and I love the feeling!

The bride-to-be wants a simple yet elegant white invitation for
her upcoming wedding. She wants an all-white type but I told her we don't have a pristine white handmade paper because of the nature of our materials. Instead, an off-white, or pearl white.

At first I thought it's quite challenging because I love mixing and matching colors and to be confined to just 1 color and white hmmm...... not my type. :) But I'm willing to give it a try. Here it is: plain off-white handmade paper backing with 64gsm white translucent vellum overlay, organza ribbon with silver edging accented with 5 faux pearls at the center. Envelope is off-white handmade paper embedded with granules & crushed capiz shells. I want to give the invite some dimension & texture so I used this. Size is 5"x7"

I wanted to give the bride another option so I made another sample using the same materials except the wire replaces the ribbon. This is 6"x8".

That's all for now. Gotta work on the next 5 designs. I need a little caffeine fix. :)

Airees :)

No comments: