Pages

Friday, August 17, 2007

Round 2

Yesss!!! I made it to Scrappin Mom's Idol Round 1!

Whew! It was really a challenge for me - making a layout with just cardstocks and no patterned paper! But honestly, I really thought I am not gonna make it coz all the other contestants are REALLY GOOD, AS IN!

But this is the beauty of challenges - they make you think outside the box! For me, I am being productive, scrapbooking-wise. :) But of course, my other creative "job" (if you can call it a job, for me, its passion and still is) comes first. At least, I have another creative outlet when my brain gets tired of designing invites, I can redirect my thoughts in preserving my family's history. Talk about hitting 2 birds with one stone. :) I love this hobby!

But the EXCITING part was when I checked my email, I was surprised to see some girls congratulating me! "For what?", I thought so.... So when I opened the emails - Wow! I was the Joy Uzarraga's (guest judge) Pick of the Week! What really touched me was her comments and reason why she picked my layout. She took time to read my journaling & she got my "reason" behind that cherry blossom tree I made. Thank you, Joy!

So, 27 of us are off to Round 2. This week the challenge is to just use 1 color on the layout - be it carstock, patterned paper, embellishment, paint, etc.! Wow! Will I survive this round??? I don't know. I feel like my nose will bleed as I think of what to do on this round. haha! :)

Meanwhile, I would like to share with you another layout I made after my Scrappin Moms Idol entry. I promised myself to make at least 2 LOs everytime I pull out my scrap stuff and make a mess, para sulit ang pagkakalat! haha!

Lastly, thanks to Alby for nominating me for this:

2 comments:

Anna Zalamea said...

Congrats on being POTP for your 2nd LO -- when I first saw it, I was amazed by that beautiful cherry blossom! And this last LO with the shopping tags is just fab!! galeng!! I love how you made that LO with the big shopping bag, the tag with your photo.You are on a creative roll! WTG!

~currant7 said...

congratulations on making it to the first round. i'm sure it will get tougher...but then again - you got the skill. :)
love the tags!