Pages

Thursday, October 04, 2007

Bad Girls - Class 4

Hay! I'm still having second thoughts on what to submit for this class! But my *heart* really beats for this one. Even my DH likes it and so I took it as a sign that this is the one! :) Well, I hope I make it but if not, it is OK. I enjoyed the process and what could be better than having created quite a number of layouts for my family this 2007! (the most I have done since scrapping in 2002!)

******
When I encountered this lesson in white space, for me, it means a clean, uncluttered look. I wanted to achieve that in my b&w photos so I decided to work on a white background and red accents. I also wanted to create something "different" and not just a single photo on the lower right corner. I challenged myself in doing multiple photos and placed them at the center of my page.

To avoid making the layout boring, I added hand-stitching was done for the red cord to add some texture. This is also signifies the "bond" among us and that's what "family" means. Rub-ons were used for the title & text. Brads were used to create a "bulleted list". The red wooden heart was used to add dimension and focal point.

I am having second thoughts on submitting this as I have done another layout but when my DH saw it, he said he likes it among the other layouts I have made! And so, this is for him!

*****

Now I must finish my drafts & designs before I pack my stuff for Scrapfest 4!!!


No comments: